.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

We The People: Responsible for Tomorrow

Is the keyboard mightier than the Government? I hope to hell it is!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee

Although public relations has historically been considered a practice used to fool more of the people than your competition does, I think PR can be used to promote ethical reform in media, business, government and society, as well as in protecting our Constitutional rights from being whored out by the turn of a phrase. I got my degree in public relations to use the power and practices of PR and communications to promote a return to honesty in our everyday interactions. Whether between spouses or nations is irrelevant. My ideas and methods are unique, creative and sometimes even radical. I'm a communicator and a writer. At pickumber-writes I'll write about things I think need to be discussed, debated and possibly changed. As a collective society, if we aren't communicating, we aren't going to make it.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Shame! The Anger! The Disgust!


It is quite embarrassing to admit to myself that the government of The United States of America, the country that said "Give us your weak, give us your tired" is not ready or even able to take care of it's own. And in the fine leadership style that we have apparently become accustomed to, our leader, our Commander in Chief, our President... George W. Bush, responds with the swiftness of the slug that he is and immediately starts transferring accountability to others. He said he had no way of predicting a breech of the levee system in New Orleans. The news media was anticipating the possibility days before Katrina made land fall and books and articles have described it in detail.... over ten years ago.

I'm ashamed that the leadership structure of the country I've served and pledged to defend, has abandoned the poor, the weak, the needy. The people most in need have died, are dying and will continue to die, because the powerful, the wealthy, the priviledged, that Americans trust to protect them
are busy saving their own asses and making excuses for their failures and blaming everyone else for their incompetencies.

Alas, I am too angry, disgusted and ashamed to put all my vindictiveness toward the powers that be into words. But be warned. When I am again able to coherently construct my weapon of defiance by joining my words into sentences, into statements, I vow to direct all my literary energies and abilities into returning America to every single one of We the People. ">Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home